Coventry Lord Mayor’s Committee for Peace and Reconciliation, Coventry Music Hub, Coventry Cathedral and SACRE are delighted to announce the results of the first ever Coventry Children’s Peace Song.
Primary schools were supported by specialists working for the Morning of Music Programme as they wrote and recorded their songs, which were then submitted to be judged by a panel including Councillor Linda Bigham, the Lord Mayor of Coventry, and representatives from Coventry Music and Coventry Cathedral.
The winning song was “Sending Out a Message” by Richard Lee School. This song will be Coventry Peace Song 2020. It will now be professionally orchestrated and then played as follows:
- World Premiere (with a live band) at the winning school, Richard Lee
- Mornings of Music at primary schools all over Coventry
- Big Sing at the Albany Theatre
- Coventry Music Summer Showcase at Warwick Arts Centre
- SING! Choir at the Godiva Festival 2020
- Discover the Classics (with a full symphony orchestra) at Coventry Cathedral
The song in second place was “The Place to Be” by Courthouse Green, closely followed in third place by “A Non-Violent World” from Park Hill Primary School.
We would like to thank all schools for their energy and enthusiasm in taking part in this innovative new contribution to peace.